The Solar Drafter position is part of the engineering team and involves assisting engineers in producing complete solar PV system designs. On a technical level, the drafter is largely responsible for drafting site layouts with CAD software, reviewing project field documentation, and assembling drawings and details pertinent to the PV system. The drafter is also required to coordinate with the project engineer on all technical aspects of each project.
We will provide all necessary training to teach you all the aspects of working in PV and smart-grid industries. We’re looking for results-oriented candidates with a passion for energy, and who are genuinely interested in long-term, sustainable growth for our country, environment, and economy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate construction drawing packages/sketches/as-builts using CAD software
- General arrangement/layout drawings
- Section and elevation drawings
- Construction details
- Single and three-line diagrams
- Maintain CAD templates and libraries
- Compile equipment documentation and specification sheets to submit to customers
- Provide sales department with preliminary concept drawings and technical assistance as needed
- Occasional site visits to gain field data
- Perform other responsibilities as necessary to support the successful completion of projects
Education or Desired skills, License and Certificates:
- Strong understanding of general math, trigonometry, and geometry
- General understanding of both electrical and mechanical concepts
- Knowledge of drafting symbols and abbreviations
- Multi-task, prioritize, and work on multiple projects
- Stay on task and take initiative with little supervision
- Work in a team environment as a team member
- Communicate clearly with team members, customers, and vendors. Written and verbal.
- Comfortable working on a construction site and in different environments including rooftops.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with Solar PV designs a plus
- Proficient with Engineering and Design workflow a plus
- Familiar with reading and interpreting code specifically the NEC a plus
- Strong detail-orientation and proofreading skills; attention-to-detail is a must.
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Proficiency in SalesForce CRM a plus
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Knowledge of residential and commercial construction a plus
Work Location and Status:
- Fremont, California
- Full-Time Employment
- No visa sponsorship
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Matching 401k available
- Subsidized Medical Insurance available