An energy analyst is a specialist with a high-level understanding of energy markets and responsibility of locating, gathering and analyzing energy data in a proficient and timely manner, to provide information and analysis to their company and /or clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct long-term solar resource and energy production assessments
- Analyzing data and operational production and performance data.
- Develop data driven, insightful analyses to address business challenges or identify opportunities and provide actionable recommendation.
- Work across all scales of solar; including residential, commercial, industrial and utility scales.
- Perform additional statistical analysis relating to the forecast as necessary.
- Inspecting sites and measurement equipment.
- Predicting energy production
- Conducting statistical uncertainty analyses.
- Writing technical reports and communication results.
- Respond to data requests from internal business customers and regulatory bodies for rate cost and other proceedings.
- Stay current in all policies, regulatory requirements, market trends and industry standards regarding energy use and technologies.
Education or Desired skills, License and Certificates:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant engineering atmospheric science or quantitive field.
- 4+ years’ experience in solar resource assessment or modeling required
- Understanding of solar resource variability and its impacts on energy estimates
- Understanding of solar Measure Correlate and Predict (MSP) analysis
- Understanding of renewable energy industry measurement techniques and standards preferred.
- Understanding of solar energy project execution and finance preferred
- Familiarity with Python Programming, Python data science packages
- Proficient working with MS Office Word/Excel
- Comprehensive understanding of fundamental solar modeling principles, including familiarity with PVSyst and SAM.
- Experience in uncertainty and statistical data analysis.
- Ability to streamline process by implementation of process improvement techniques.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and to approach tasks with a Customer-centric mindset.